Speed@Seawork will welcome a number of national and international speakers.
Day 1 MONDAY June 10: Speed@Seawork Sea Trials Day will be based in and around Cowes Yacht Haven on the Isle of Wight, UK
Delegates start Day 1 of Speed@Seawork afloat with a networking welcome breakfast, sponsored by OSI, onboard the Ocean Scene with an opening session from Alastair Hughes, Team Leader, UK MOD. On arrival at the Cowes Yacht Haven delegates will head to the Haven Events Centre. This purpose-built, state-of-the-art venue will be the operations centre for the sea trials and host the conference lunch, sponsored by BAE Systems, and presentations throughout the day including:
- Phil Scott, RibRide - 'Velocity and the Development Journey'.
- Alastair Hughes - Team Leader - UK MOD
The Haven’s impressive marina offers quick access for delegates to the range of demonstration vessels which will trial in the challenging waters of the Solent.
The day will finish with networking drinks and canapes, sponsored by Ocean Safety.
Day 1 will be hosted by Major Andy Bridson - Royal Marines | Officer Commanding 10 (Landing Craft) Training Squadron RM
Day 2 TUESDAY June 11: Conference and Exhibition day at Seawork in Southampton, UK.
A programme of presentations by leading experts hosted by John Haynes - MD Shock Mitigation Ltd.
Presentations will include:
- Clair Harrison, Head of Business Awareness, DIT.
- Dr Tom Gunston - Specialist Consultant on noise and vibration exposure and mitigation, and Senior Consultant at Finch Consulting 'Whole-body vibration and shock exposures on fast boats - the current state of play'.
Sea trial vessels from;
- SAFE Boats from Diverse Marine
- Tideman Boats
- Berthon Boats
- Stormer Boats
- Zodiac Milpro
- Rib Quest
- Parker Ribs
Exhibitors at Speed@Seawork;
- Ocean Safety
- Glock Audio