The drive for Hybrid – Seawork conference latest
The provisional programme for the Hybrid Conference, as a part of the Seawork Conference programme, has just been announced.
Taking place on the afternoon of Wednesday 12 June, the Hybrid Conference will be chaired by Duncan Duffy, Global Technology Lead for Electro-technical matters, Lloyds Register.
All vessel operators should be considering the benefits of embracing hybrid propulsion. Speakers from academia and commercial will cover the latest developments in the drive to reduce operating costs and minimise fuel consumption, together with growing environmental and legislative pressures to bring down emissions.
Presentations are set to include;
- The Optimal Sizing of an Energy Storage Device for a Hybrid Electric Marine Vessel, presented by Robert Dymock, PhD Student - Southampton University
- Hybrids for commercial barges, presented by Graeme Hawksley, Marine Hybrid Limited
- Hybrid propulsion for new generation dredgers, presented by Leonardo Acciarri, MD - Ship Projects Engineering & Contracting
- The HEVIMA project, presented by Dennis Doerfel, REAPsystems
- The switch and expansion of your electric portfolio, how do you ensure you come out on top?, presented by Matt Liss, Sales & Support Manager - Vantage Power.
A panel session will discuss the case for Hybrid Pilot boats - economic, environmental & operational.
See seawork.com/cmc for further details.
To take advantage of the Early Bird offer (closes 28 February 2019) to book your place at this fascinating and informative conference, go to seawork.com/book
Latest Press Releases
MIT is delighted to announce that as of the 1st April 2019 they have been appointed by Veth Propulsi... Read more
Seawork 2019 is shaping up to be a must-see event for anybody with an interest in new technology for... Read more
Damen Verolme Rotterdam (DVR) has completed a major refit of the Stena Drilling-owned 5th generation... Read more
Damen Shipyards Cape Town (DSCT) has hosted a keel laying ceremony, marking the start of constructio... Read more
Damen Shipyards Group and Homeland Integrated Offshore Services of Lagos have signed a contract in S... Read more
The Rt Hon Gavin Williamson CBE MP visited E. P. Barrus, a market leader in the marine industry with... Read more