CHALLENGE YOUR COLLEAGUES IN THE 4TH JULY CARDBOARD BOAT REGATTA
Join us in celebrating 4th July with Cardboard Boat Regatta, Waterfront Saloon, Live Music and American themed Bar & Cookout on Wednesday 4th July from 5pm – 8pm.
A relaxed, informal and entertaining networking event - bring your clients or your staff as a thank you.
All exhibitors will receive a ticket to the celebrations in their Welcome Pack. The ticket includes food, a drink, live music and access to view the regatta. Additional tickets can be purchased at £10 per person.
Challenges already laid down and accepted for the Cardboard Boat Regatta are:
Walker Marine Design
The Seawork team looks forward to welcoming more company teams to challenge each other, as well as vessel builders and designers with ingenious inventions.
The charity Atlantic Pacific International Rescue Boat Project are managing the Cardboard Boat Regatta, they are a not-for-profit NGO with a simple purpose: to provide lifeboats where there are none. The winning companies may choose to donate any prize money won directly to the Atlantic Pacific project or nominate a charity of their choice.
Boat Design and Construction:
- Boats must be made before the event.
- Boats must be made ONLY of cardboard and Duct/Gaffer tape. NO reinforced cardboard tubes, only dismantled cardboard boxes
- Boats may be a maximum width of 5ft/1.52m and a maximum length of 7ft/2.13m.
- There is no maximum height requirement
- Boats must be completely enclosed or permit the crew to remain fully on top of the vessel (without dangling extremities!)
- Boats must be propelled manually. i.e. with a paddle
- The boat will start at one end of the demonstration area and race down to the other end. Each boat will be timed
- The race must begin and end with the same one/two person crew in/on the boat
- Swimming and/or pulling the boat or the use of lane lines will result in disqualification
Full cardboard boat regatta rules to be announced soon.
Latest Press Releases
Damen has carried out the successful floating of the Antarctic Supply Research Vessel (ASRV) RSV Nuy... Read more
Damen has supplied a DOP150 submersible dredge pump to Brazilian civil engineering contractor BELOV.... Read more
Chairman and owner of Damen Shipyards Group Kommer Damen has held a meeting with the Romanian Minist... Read more
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, September 5th, 2018 — Reinforcing its commitment to design and manufacture its ... Read more
Fresh from a European tour that has taken her to the shores of Malta, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal... Read more