4th July Cardboard Boat Regatta Tickets
Join us in celebrating 4th July with Cardboard Boat Regatta, Waterfront Saloon, Live Music and American themed Bar & Cookout on Wednesday 4th July from 5pm – 8pm.
This will be a relaxed, informal and entertaining networking event to bring clients to or as a staff thank you.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for sections of the event:
- Live Band
- American themed cookout
All exhibitors will receive a ticket in their Welcome Pack. The ticket includes food, a drink, live music and access to view the regatta. Tickets will be £10 per person.
The charity Atlantic Pacific International Rescue Boat Project are managing the Cardboard Boat Regatta, they are a not-for-profit NGO with a simple purpose: to provide lifeboats where there are none. The winning companies may choose to donate any prize money won directly to the Atlantic Pacific project or nominate a charity of their choice.
The Seawork team look forward to welcoming company teams to challenge each other, as well as vessel builders and designers with ingenious inventions.
Boat Design and Construction:
- Boats must be made before the event.
- Boats must be made ONLY of cardboard and Duct/Gaffer tape. NO reinforced cardboard tubes, only dismantled cardboard boxes
- Boats may be a maximum width of 5ft/1.52m and a maximum length of 7ft/2.13m.
- There is no maximum height requirement
- Boats must be completely enclosed or permit the crew to remain fully on top of the vessel (without dangling extremities!)
- Boats must be propelled manually. i.e. with a paddle
- The boat will start at one end of the demonstration area and race down to the other end. Each boat will be timed
- The race must begin and end with the same one/two person crew in the boat
- Swimming and/or pulling the boat or the use of lane lines will result in disqualification
Full cardboard boat regatta rules to be announced soon.